Survey of Financial Advisors - Quarter Report - November 2017
Highlights from our latest survey of financial advisers are as follows:
- The proportion of advisers expecting positive returns over 1 and 3 years has increased again
- 29% of advisers are expecting double-digit average returns per annum over five years from their property investments
- The average per annum return expectation over 3 and 5 years is 6% and 9% respectively
- There was a notable increase in the expected use of pension funds, life funds and REITs for property exposure over the next six months, relative to last quarter
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances rendering a fund unable to meet redemptions, half of advisers would prefer suspension of dealing continues to be preferred, with 50% in favour, while a further 29% preferred redemptions to be appropriately discounted to anticipate asset sales at distressed prices
- There remains a rising trend in the focus on SRI and ethical amongst advisers’ clients, albeit from a fairly low base.