The role of Climate Tech in delivering Real Estate's Net Zero
Tuesday 17th May 2022
The buildings and construction sector accounts for 38% of global energy-related CO2 emissions – totalling about 13.5 GtCO2 in 2019. To keep global warming to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels (in line with the Paris Agreement), all new buildings must operate at net-zero carbon from 2030 and 100% of buildings must operate at net-zero carbon by 2050, according to the World Green Building Council.
In the first in a series of three events throughout 2022 on technological innovation in Real Estate, this seminar explores how climate technology can bring Real Estate into the future ensuring these vital targets are met.
The event will include an interactive panel session with a line of up real estate tech-expert speakers including Abigail Dean of Nuveen; Ruairi Revell of Abrdn; Dr Dennis Schoenmaker of CBRE & Tom Selva of Smart Point.
Smart Point were winners of both World PropTech of the year at MIPIM and BuiltWorld Germany and are the world's first automated reception point, for everything, from any online purchase to hundreds of services from local providers. Prioritising local shops and zero-carbon deliveries has awarded Smart Point a place amongst the best 15 technologies against Climate Change voted by the EU, revolutionising thousands of smart buildings across the continent.
- Moderator: Jonathan Mills, Associate Director at Osborne Clarke LLP
- Panellist: Abigail Dean, Global Head of Strategic Insights at Nuveen Real Estate
- Panellist: Ruairi Revell, Head of Real Estate ESG at Abrdn
- Panellist: Dr Dennis Schoenmaker, Executive Director, Principal Economist, Econometric Advisors at CBRE
- Panellist: Tom Selva, CEO of SmartPoint
Power pitches from fintech firms:
- Climate X helps organisations in their drive to become more resilient to the impacts of climate change by quantifying, at an asset level, the probability and severity of weather events decades before they happen.
- Cygnetise helps organisations reduce the risk of contract disputes and signatory fraud, complement e-signature protocols and facilitate business continuity.
- Hedgehog is enabled by blockchain technology, and makes investments available to individual investors using tokenization.
Tuesday 17th May 2022
08.30 Registration, coffee and networking
09.00 Seminar start
10.15 Seminar end - networking and exhibition stands from the Tech firms
One London Wall
London EC2Y 5EB
- This webinar is FREE and open to all staff from AREF Fund, Affiliate, Associate and Investor member firms (view our list of members here).
- Open to trial members* for a fee of £75+VAT (£25+VAT for FutureGen members). Trial members should email email@example.com to book.
This event is open to professional investors only.
Members: Our members should click the 'Book Now' button below to register:
* Please note this event is for professional investors only and none of the content should be taken as investment advice.