We are delighted to announce the winners of the AREF Annual Awards 2023!
This year, the awards are proudly sponsored by Crestbridge.
Now in their 12th year, the awards recognise achievement and contribution by our members and others who support the work of AREF.
The winners of the 2023 AREF Awards are:
Affiliate of the Year
Winner: Carey Olsen
Claire Le Quense & Matthew Brehaut of Carey Olsen collecting the award last night
Carey Olsen - For all their support with sponsoring our first FutureGen Conference this year, allowing us to organise the event and offer it to our FutureGen Network at a discounted cost. They have sponsored FutureGen events for the last 4-5 years and we are very grateful to them.
- Travers Smith
- Carbon Intelligence (part of Accenture)
Outstanding Fund Achievement
Winner: PATRIZIA Hanover Property Unit Trust
Mischa Davies (pictured left) collects the award at the AREF Annual Dinner last night.
Those shortlisted included:
- The Octopus Healthcare Fund
- The Charities Property Fund, from Savills IM
- The Airport Industrial Property Unit Trust, from Tritax
Winner: JLL for the following research: "Sustainability and Value - Capital Markets: Central London Offices"
Adam Challis of JLL collects the award at the AREF Dinner last night
The judges felt that this paper scored highly in all three criteria, including: The topical nature of the research and information presented; new understanding it brings to an era; and the degree to which it helps the industy learn.
Others shortlisted included:
- LGIM for the following research: "Ready for Net Zero"
- AEW for the following research: “Next Wave of Physical Climate Risk”
- Fidelity for the following research: "Making a Climate Impact in Logistics”
- Patrizia for the following research: “The Determinants of Direct Office Real Estate Returns in Europe"
Outstanding Individual Contribution
Winner: Melville Rodrigues, Apex
Melville Rodrigues of Apex collecting the award last night at the AREF Dinner.
Melville was nominated for this award for a) organising and chairing a number of webinars and events for us this year, including: SDR, DC Pensions and numerous Investor events; b) for his continued support and work on drafting consultations throughout the year; and c) for all his contributions with the Public Policy Committee this year, in particular the development of the Reserved Investor Fund (RIF) and on SDR.
Other nominations included:
- Sam Carson, CBRE
- Jonathan Bayfield, Aviva Investors
- Jessica Pilz, Fiera Real Estate
- Christopher Austin, Schroders
- John Forbes, John Forbes Consulting
- Andy Allen, Savills Investment Management
Congratulations to all our winners and many thanks to everyone who submitted an entry.
Click here for more information on the AREF Awards, including previous years winners.