A high level summary of what’s being discussed in recent meetings:
- Formation of a residential index - The Working Group are liaising with BPF Residential Benchmark Working Group on the challenges of setting up a benchmark. They believe that standardisation of reporting and transparency would bring credibility to the sector.
- Tax incentives to encourage institutional investment in residential property.
- How AREF could assist and educate fund house and investors on reputational risk in relation to investing in residential property.
- How shared ownership could become an investment product.
The Working Group, with AREF’s Tax Committee, assisted in drawing up AREF’s response to the Government’s consultation on implementing the Residential Property Development Tax. They are now reviewing the government consultation on the Building Safety Levy
- The Working Group has been collaborating with the ESG & II Committee on the Equity Impact Project.