#1: valuations; rents; insolvency; debt; and everyday practical issues
Click here to view a recording of this webinar.
AREF have been conducting virtual meetings for Fund Members over the last few weeks. Following on from these calls, we have decided to initiate the AREF Crisis Forum. This is an opportunity for all our members to discuss the most pressing issues for their firms, share their experiences and help each other get through this crisis.
On this first call, members from the Retail Funds Committee and Institutional Funds Working Group will share their insights from the last couple of weeks and joining them we have insights from legal and fund administrator members as well as Paul Richards who will give a brief overview of AREF activities, liaising with regulators, government and industry bodies. The forum will then be open for questions and discussion with all participants.
- The impact of valuation uncertainty, fund suspensions, the role of the regulator etc;
- Rents - March quarter day, reductions and rent free periods, hardship requests vs fiduciary duty, the impact on cash flow;
- Insolvency rules changes?
- Debt service and covenant breach issues;
- Property management and day to day practical issues.
- Chair - John Forbes, Independent Consultant, John Forbes Consulting
- Sarah Walker, Senoir Counsel, Travers Smith
- Guy Glover, Fund Manager, BMO Real Estate Partners
- Paolo Alonzi, Global Head of Real Estate Business, Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Rob Short, Managing Partner, Langham Hall
- Paul Richards, Managing Director, AREF
Tuesday 7th April 2020
11.15 Webinar start
12.00 Webinar end
Call details will be sent to attendees ahead of the call
This webinar is FREE and open to all staff from AREF Fund, Affiliate, Associate and Investor member firms (view our list of members here). This event is also open to future generation* staff.