In the budget on 22 November 2017 the Chancellor announced changes to the taxation of capital gains on real estate disposals by non-residents. These changes are likely to impact many real estate funds.
A working group of AREF Tax Committee has been in informal discussions with HMRC in respect of rules for collective investment schemes and draft legislation.
- Quote from AREF Tax Committee Chair on the release of the Technical Note and associated clauses within the Finance Bill.
- More information on the CGT changes.
- View the Event Summary from the two roundtable discussion events hosted by AREF.
- View AREF's response to the consultation
- View the legislation - released Friday 6th July 2018