Listen to the replay of this webinar discussing the recent legislation changes regarding Capital Gains Tax on Monday 15th March 2021. This is a follow up session from previous events we have held on this topic.
Leonie Webster of Deloitte moderated and presented on where we are on Capital Gains tax so far and Wayne Strangwood of HMRC gave an update on the recent changes to legislation and what this would mean for the industry.
Leonie and Wayne were joined by Christopher Austin of Schroders and John Powlton of M&G Real Estate for a panel discussion exploring the practical aspects for members to consider under the new tax regime; filings and obligations under the transparency & exemption regimes; disclosures in fund accounts & prospectuses; and the impact of the portfolio exemption on funds, including fund-of-funds and feeder structures.
We would like to thank the speakers and panellists for their insight and help with this event, and the audience for their fantastic questions during the discussion.
- Moderator and panel member: Leonie Webster, Tax Partner at Deloitte
- Speaker and panel member: Wayne Strangwood, HMRC Policy and Technical Lead at HMRC
- Panel member: Christopher Austin, Head of Tax, Private Assets at Schroders and Chair of the AREF Tax Committee
- Panel member: John Powlton, Head of Real Estate Tax at M&G
Materials from this event:
- Click the link below to watch the video replay: