A high level summary of what's being discussed in recent committee meetings:
- The Committee are working closely with the Investor Committee and Corporate Governance Committee to include ESG & Impact Investing metrics into the quarterly AREF Questionnaire and the Code of Practice.
- The ESG Code of Practice Working Group are reviewing how ESG & social impact investing requirements are incorporated into the AREF Code of Practice.
- The Committee are assisting RICS with the revision of their guidance notes on Sustainability and commercial property valuation.
- The Committee are monitoring the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) reporting requirements.
- Working with IPF on a series of joint events on the subject of social impact investing. More information on the next event can be found here.
- The Committee have shared with members analysis of their GRESB scores.
- The Committee contributed to The IA’s Responsible Investment Framework Final Report which was published in November 2019 and will continue to liaise with The IA on their Responsible Investment Framework.
- The Committee, with the AREF Tax Committee, are considering whether they should lobby government for tax breaks to promote sustainability.
If you have any event or project ideas or specific concerns regarding ESG that you would like raised at a future meeting, please contact Katie Mitzschke (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
Next meeting: 1st April 2020
View more on the committee here.