"A shared vision for long-term sustainable growth is within reach. We just have to continue to be open to educate and to get involved".
The AREF ESG & II Committee held a very insightful webinar for AREF members on Monday 22nd November 2021, regarding TCFD, where we heard from ESG market leaders using the TCFD to underpin their reporting.
Lucy Hamnett, of Carbon Intelligence, gave a keynote presentation on how climate change can pose significant threats to business models and operations and how the TCFD framework, aimed to support companies to embed climate risk understanding into their governance strategy, can present opportunities for business growth and ensure long-term survival. Lucy went onto explain how TCFD works together with Net Zero and finished by giving some key takeaways to drive next steps in organisations.
Melville Rodrigues talked us through AREF's active engagement on TCFD, with the AREF Public Policy Committee recently responding to FCA CP21/17 and CP21/18 consultations collaborating with the regulator, TCFD secretariat and other industry stakeholders, ensuring consistency between listed and unlisted sectors.
Many thanks to our moderator, keynote speaker and panellists:
- Moderator: Jonathan Hale, ESG and Sustainability Director, BNP Paribas Real Estate & member of the AREF ESG & Impact Investing Committee
- Speaker: Lucy Hamnett, Associate Director, Head of Governance Services at Carbon Intelligence
- Panellist: Helen Drury, Sustainability Lead at Tritax
- Panellist: Jason Baggaley, Deputy Head of Value Add Funds at Abdn
- Panellist: Paul Gehres, Sustainability Programme Manager at British Land
- Panellist: Melville Rodrigues, Head of Real Estate Advisory, Apex Group and member of AREF's Public Policy Committee.
Slides & Recording
Slides: Download the slides by clicking here.
Recording: View the recording of the event by clicking the link below:
Click here to see further resources in our library and view AREF's involvement in TCFD
Click here to view information about the AREF ESG & Impact Investing Committee