To develop relations between AREF and policy makers, regulators and other industry bodies in order to support the real assets funds industry, informing, influencing and lobbying these groups with a view to creating the optimum environment for the real assets funds industry to thrive.
Membership Structure (Preferred)
|Chair||Chair must be a Fund Management Representative|
|Fund Management Representatives||Sufficient to represent all member types|
|Independent Regulatory Advisers||Minimum 2|
|AREF Executive Representative||1|
- To determine and prioritise the issues to be addressed and policies to be communicated.
- To monitor political, regulatory and other developments including relevant national, EU and international legislation and regulation, making representations as appropriate, and responding to consultation documents, in conjunction with other Committees.
- To assess the impact of Brexit on the real assets funds industry lobbying and working with Government and other national, EU and international organisations to secure the best possible outcome and environment in which our industry can continue to thrive.
- To assess the business impact of proposed and existing legislation and regulation and to act as a platform for members to share knowledge and expertise on such matters.
- Review terms of reference annually
AREF Management Committee
Other AREF Committees, as appropriate
Other real estate and investment organisations as required
Brexit Working Group
Meeting timing and frequency
Quarterly full meetings with monthly conference calls in between.
Ad hoc full or partial meetings as required
Minutes circulated to Committee and included in AREF Management Committee papers
Requests for approvals to AREF Management Committee required at least two weeks in advance