A high level summary of what's being discussed in recent committee meetings, the committee are:
- Working with 22 Bishopsgate to provide a site visit in August. look out for booking through our event calendar, spaces are limited.
- Discussing the 2022 Educational Series, you can register for the second event here.
- Organising the FutureGen Summer Drinks Reception, a fantastic opportunity for FutureGen members to increase their network. This years event is held at Fidelity Internationals Beautiful rooftop Terrace and will include a short talk from Claire Bradbury ESG Expert from Carbon Intelligence and Author of the book 'Dwellbeing: Finding a Home in the City'.
Previous items you may be interested in:
- The 2019 - 2021 Educational Series - a catelog of videos and resources from the first three series. These resourses are fantastic training for graduates new to the industry, and those who wish to have a refresher. Click here to view.
- In 2021 the Committee ran a survey to find out how attitudes to working from home have changed over the past 12 months, and what the world of work could look like in the future. You can find the result from this survey in a article titled 'Thoughts from The FutureGen Committee : 18 months on from the start of the pandemic'.
- This article was a follow on from their white paper in 2020 looking at how young professionals feel about working from home during, and after the current crisis. You can read the full paper here.
Short Term Objectives
- Collaborate with other Committees/ industry bodies
- Rotate members of this committee onto other AREF committees
- Increase FutureGen engagement in AREF Committees by having a FutureGen rep on other committees (the rep could attend the FutureGen Committee meetings for three months at the beginning of their committee term, and after this will join the FutureGen committee quarterly to align goals between committees)
- Increase membership numbers by at least 25% each year
- ½ day conference
- Host events with other associations to access potential new members in cities like Birmingham and Manchester.
Long Term Objectives
- New initiatives/ working towards changing the industry
- Support younger industry members
- Policy changes in the workplace (maternity leave in firms/ diversity/ flexible working)
- Diversity in recruitment – Charity days/ inspiring people into new job opportunities
Next meeting: 14 July 2022
View more on the committee here.