A high level summary of what's being discussed in recent committee meetings:
- The Committee have produced a whitepaper, based on results from a survey of the FutureGen Network, looking at how young professionals feel about working from home during, and after the current crisis. you can read the full paper here.
- The Committee are collaborating with the AREF E&T Committee on a joint event on Wellness in the residential sector.
- The Committe are working on the 'back to basics' educational series which will be delivered later in the year via webinar.
- The site visits have been postponed until further notice.
- The Committee are liaising with AREF's ESG & Social Impact Investing on a joint event.
Short Term Objectives
- Collaborate with other Committees/ industry bodies
- Rotate members of this committee onto other AREF committees
- Increase FutureGen engagement in AREF Committees by having a FutureGen rep on other committees (the rep could attend the FutureGen Committee meetings for three months at the beginning of their committee term, and after this will join the FutureGen committee quarterly to align goals between committees)
- Increase membership numbers by at least 25% each year
- ½ day conference
- Host events with other associations to access potential new members in cities like Birmingham and Manchester.
Long Term Objectives
- New initiatives/ working towards changing the industry
- Support younger industry members
- Policy changes in the workplace (maternity leave in firms/ diversity/ flexible working)
- Diversity in recruitment – Charity days/ inspiring people into new job opportunities
Next meeting: Tuesday 7 July 2020
View more on the committee here.