A high level summary of what's being discussed in recent committee meetings:
- The forward looking part of the research, commissioned by AREF, on the evolution of the UK institutional real estate funds industry. (The first part of this is 'The UK Real Estate Fund Industry 10 Years on from the Global Financial Crisis', was published in May 2021)
- How to assist MSCI on improving the timeliness of submissions for the index and Property Fund Vision (PFV).
- Additional data to be collected by MSCI on the AREF Questionnaire.
- Research Projects Award.
- Research on ESG requirements for real estate funds.
Short Term Objectives
- Production of the UK QPFI. Continue to liaise with MSCI concerning all performance measurement, analysis and data collection issues, ensuring quality control. Liaise with investors and their representatives to guarantee this meets their data analysis requirements.
- Provide a forum for discussion about the index and PFV. Run an appropriate number of education and discussion sessions for members specifically around MSCI’s consultation 'time-weighted return methodology' for the UK QPFI.
- Promoting consistency and integrity of UK QPFI. Working with AREF Executive and Secretariat to ensure an appropriate level of profile for the UK QPFI in order to improve transparency and confidence in the industry.
- The Committee is agreeing the scope for a new research project to be completed in 2022.
Long Term Objectives
- The MSCI/AREF UK Quarterly Property Fund Index (UK QPFI)
- The Property Fund Vision Handbook
- Research and statistical analysis of data relevant to the UK institutional real estate funds industry
- Providing a discussion forum for any topical issues related to research and information, allowing members to learn and network
Next meeting: 24 March 2022
View more on the committee here.
First in a two-part report commissioned by the AREF Research & Information Committee, sponsored by Mourant